Learn to sew in a fun and inviting environment. This course is ideal for a sewer with little to no experience. You will develop all the skills necessary to begin and finish sewing projects on your own.
Location: MakeHaven, 770 Chapel Street, New Haven, CT 06510
|Saturdays (March 4th - April 1st) 11:30am-1:00pm|
Saturday, March 4th
Saturday, March 11th
Saturday, March 18th
Saturday, March 25th
Saturday, April 1st
What you will learn:
Week 1 - Diving into the machine
- Introduction to the sewing machine and basic machine stitches
Week 2 - Hand Sewing
Learn 6 different hand stitches ideal for alterations and decoration
Week 3 & 4 - Buttons & Zippers
- Learn how to sew zippers and buttons by machine
Week 5 - Make Your Own
- Review as needed, complete any unfinished work, make your own apron
- All sewing supplies & materials
- Access to sewing machine during classes
Make Up Policy
Only one make up date will be offered per course. No other make up dates or credit will be provided for missed classes.
Minimum enrollment: 3
Ideal for Stitchers ages 14+
Note: If minimum enrollment is not met, you will be given the option to upgrade to a private lesson or receive a refund for your registration less a $10.00 processing fee.