Learn to sew in a fun and inviting environment. This course is ideal for a sewer with little to no experience. You will develop all the skills necessary to begin and finish sewing projects on your own.
Location: MakeHaven, 770 Chapel Street - New Haven, CT 06510
COVID-19 Policy: As of September 1, 2021, anyone entering MakeHaven is required to have been fully vaccinated (this does not include the booster).
What you will learn:
Week 1 - Diving into the machine
- Introduction to the sewing machine and basic machine stitches
Week 2 - Hand Sewing
Learn 6 different hand stitches ideal for alterations and decoration
Week 3 & 4 - Buttons & Zippers
- Learn how to sew zippers and buttons by machine
Week 5 - Make Your Own
- Review as needed, complete any unfinished work, make your own apron
- All sewing supplies & materials
- Access to sewing machine during classes
Make Up Policy
One make up date is available on Wednesday, June 8th (10am-11:30am) for one missed class. No other make up dates or credit will be provided for missed classes.