This course is ideal for a Stitcher with little to no experience. You will develop all the skills necessary to begin and finish sewing projects on your own.
Schedule: Saturdays | September 30th - October 28th (1:30 pm-3:00 pm)
Location: MakeHaven, 770 Chapel Street, New Haven, CT 06510
What you will learn:
Week 1 - Diving into the machine
- Introduction to the sewing machine and basic machine stitches.
Week 2 - Hand Sewing
Learn 6 different hand stitches ideal for alterations and decoration and make your own pin cushion.
Week 3 & 4 - Buttons & Zippers
- Learn how to sew zippers and buttons by machine and make your own lined zipper pouch.
Week 5 - Make Your Own
- Review as needed, complete any unfinished work and make your own apron.
- 7.5 hours of in-person stitch coaching
- All sewing supplies & materials
- Access to sewing machine during classes
- Feel free to bring additional fabric and tools
Make Up Policy
We understand that life happens! In the event that you miss a class, we offer one make-up date per course. Please note that no other make-up dates or credits will be provided for any missed classes. We encourage you to make the most of this opportunity and join us for every session.
Minimum enrollment per course: 3
Maximum enrollment per course: 6
Ideal for Stitchers ages 15+
Note: Registration will open once a minimum of 3 people join the waiting list.
Once registration opens up, all persons on the waiting list are expected to proceed with enrollment. If minimum enrollment is not met, you will be given the option to upgrade to private/ semi-private lessons or receive a refund for your registration less a $15.29 processing fee.
E-mail or call us wit any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org or (475) 321-7231